DESIGN LEAD - JIOBIT INC, CHICAGO. 2017 - PRESENT
FREELANCE / CONSULTANT CHICAGO. 2016 - PRESENT
DESIGN DIRECTOR FOR MOTOROLA BRANDED PRODUCTS - BINATONE, CHICAGO / HONG KONG. 2015 - 2016
- Established best design practices and new design culture within Binatone design team (ID, UX, UI & packaging)
- Managed creative teams in US and Hong Kong locations.
- Leading role in establishing new Motorola lifestyle brand - VerveLife.
- Finalized VerveLife product line design details, packaging and branding for production ramp and product launch June 2016.
- Collaborated with senior leadership teams and product managers to create future product portfolios.
- Generated conceptual designs to visualize potential opportunities for expanding product categories.
DESIGN LEADER FOR COMPANION PRODUCTS - MOTOROLA MOBILITY, CHICAGO. 2012 - 2015
- Led dedicated team of direct reports within CXD (Consumer Experience Design) group in Chicago IL and Sunnyvale CA.
- Responsible for design direction across all companion products & accessories, leading multidisciplinary teams of designers, interaction designers, surface engineers, human factors and prototyping to deliver user centric designs and re-defined leading products within the companion products business.
- Collaborated with product managers, business leads and senior leadership teams to define design strategy for product portfolios.
- Defined product definitions/schedules/resources with product managers and business leads.
- Managed multidisciplinary teams to create human centered designs for all companion products (Mono, stereo & power accessories)
- Delivered on time, designs that fulfill business and brand goals.
- Provided design direction for Motorola licensee partners and established new working practice for design feedback and approvals process between Motorola and partners.
- Partnered with business teams to improve customer presentations with design focused sell-in.
LEAD DESIGNER - MOTOROLA MOBILITY, CHICAGO. 2008-2012
- Lead designer for multiple products utilizing experience throughout all aspects of the design process from product inception through to final production builds.
- Coordinated design, engineering and production ODM teams to ensure highest level of quality and design intent.
DESIGN MANAGER - INSIGHT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, CHICAGO. 2005-2008
- Managed successful programs for national and international clients involving multidisciplinary teams of researchers, designers and engineers.
- Led teams of designers on parallel programs to develop new innovative design solutions and protectable IP for clients in consumer, electronics, military and medical fields.
SENIOR/PRINCIPAL DESIGNER - INSIGHT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CHICAGO. 1999-2005
- Designer on multiple programs which involved all aspects of the design process: Research, brainstorming, configurational and system design, conceptual and design development, visualization skills (rendering, sketching, model making & rapid prototyping)
DESIGNER - JOSS DESIGN, CHICAGO, INTERN 1995, FULL TIME 1997-1999
- Designed and developed a range of products for consumer hardware & housewares products.
DESIGN INTERN - TANGERINE DESIGN CONSULTANTS, LONDON, UK. 1994
- Designed GSM phones, TV’s, Sound systems and conceptual work for international design competitions.
BA (HONS) DESIGN FOR INDUSTRY
University of Northumbria at Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK 1996
MAC & PC
Rhino 3D modeling, Keyshot rendering, Photoshop, Illustrator, Google docs, MS office products, WordPress, Slider Revolution.
MULTIPLE DESIGN AWARDS AND PATENTS
2017: Red Dot Design Award - VerveOnes by Motorola
2015: Motorola Distinguished Innovator Award (Over 20 design patents filed)
2015: IF design award, Red Dot design award* & IDEA Silver - Moto Hint
2014: 3 Red Dot design awards* For- Motorola Sliver II, Motorola Roadster Pro and Motorola Whisper.
2012: IDEA SILVER - Motorola Sliver Headset.
2011: IF Design Award - Motorola Oasis Headset.
2008: MDEA (Medical Design Excellence award) - Xoran Technologies X-Cat portable CP scanner.
2007: IDEA Gold - Verdi Lawnscaping system concept.
2006: Red Dot design award (Green design concept) - Verdi Lawnscaping system concept.
2003: IDEA Bronze - Coleman outdoor lighting
Over 40 design and utility patents filed.
*Awards won, not published by redot.